Collect, recycle, and mail your hand-me-downs

to be used in the creation of our one-of-a-kind environmental, recycled line of walking canes and accessories, and receive recognition as a “cane contributor” and discounts.

NEXT...

NEXT...
New Works at Festival Prices

Monday, February 16, 2009

The Neurochic Story

When I got sick with Transverse Myelitis in September 2008 and received my first (very ugly and unfashionable) cane, I immediately thought, “There must be something that looks better than this available.”

I visited every Website, and the answer is an overwhelming NO.

For some reason, there’s a worldwide perception that being physically disabled equates fashion disability. AND there’s a severe lack of advice as to how to feel good about oneself while feeling like crap.

← ugly cane


While this seems minor in addition to a multitude of pressing health concerns and the rebellion of my body that I once had so much control over, being sick and being forced into ugliness at the same time is a serious and overlooked side effect; one that I was not willing to accept. And the ONLY side effect that I could actually have some control over.


GET READY WORLD, HERE WE COME
I don’t sit on my ass, even when forced to. I combined my entrepreneurial, advocacy, and philanthropic passions, and I began developing a business plan to create unique and chic walking canes and accessories for people like me, ergonomic accessories to make our bodies more fully-functional, a clothing line for neuro pain to make us feel more comfortable, sexy, and beautiful, and a newsletter for neuro/disability fashion advice.

The best part of this vision, is that we’ll be able to support the search for cures for neurological diseases, such as Transverse Myelitis, at the same time because we’ll be donating a portion of our revenue to neurological research.


MY PARTNER IN FASHION UN-CRIME
I’m thrilled to announce that I’m also going into business with my fab fashion designer cousin, Yaacov Whitman, who has designed for Vanity Fair, Apple Bottoms, and yours truly’s Oscar dress, among others. In addition to his high-fashion vision, visual artists from across the country have already committed to offering their talents for one-of-a-kind art canes.


THE BIG & THE SMALL OF IT
While our vision is big, our budget is small. And as a grassroots girl with a history of starting and growing businesses, I’m humbly reaching out to my friends, family, and others for your collaboration and support.

BUT WAIT! This is a different kind of support. And it’s as simple as cleaning out your closet and a short walk, or a stamp (or 2).


BECOME A FASHION-ENVIRONMENTALLY-FRIENDLY COLLABORATOR
and revolutionize the perception of disability in both the eyes of the disabled and the public we face every day.

  1. Collect, recycle, and mail your hand-me-downs to be used in the creation of our one-of-a-kind environmental, recycled line (one line of many to come), and receive: recognition as a “cane contributor” on the soon-to-be published Website and 10% off your first order.
  2. Spread the Word with a ready to email form letter.
  3. Sign up for updates.

No comments:

Post a Comment